Student Support Resources

Student Support Resources

You are here:

Who to Call For…

Immediate life safety issues:

University Police                                                            412.268.2323

300 South Craig Street

Call CMU’s University Police department 24/7 to request emergency response to any safety concern, including summoning Emergency Medical Services (EMS).

Medical or health issues:

University Health Services (UHS) Morewood Gardens E-Tower, 1st Floor

UHS provides comprehensive medical care and referrals for enrolled students. Staff provides treatment for general health issues and comprehensive care management, nutrition counseling, sleep and alcohol/drug assessments, and LGBTQ-specific care. On-call consultation is available after hours

Psychological or emotional difficulties

Counseling and Psychological Services (CaPS)

412.268.2922 Morewood Gardens E-Tower, 2nd Floor

CaPS offers same-day appointments for urgent situations and 24/7 on-call service for any after-hours mental health needs. Counselors are also available to consult with any members of the university community regarding student mental health concerns. All services, including consultation, are confidential unless life is at risk in the moment.

Sexual misconduct:

Office of Title IX Initiatives (TIX)

412.268.7125 Cyert Hall 140,

TIX offers professional staff trained to provide support, information, resources and referrals to all community members impacted by sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating/domestic violence and stalking. TIX also addresses concerns of bias or discrimination on the basis of sex assigned at birth, gender identity/expression and/or sexual orientation.

Identity-related support and bias concerns:

Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion

 412.268.2150 Cohon Center, Lower Level 75

Expert staff resources and programs for students who align with historically underrepresented or marginalized identities such as women, LGBQ+, transgender and gender non-binary, racially and ethnically underrepresented, and those who are fi     in their families to attend college.

Staff in the Center also assist students with concerns of identity-based bias and/or harassment.

Financial pressures:


412.268.8186 Warner Hall A19

Students who are struggling financially are encouraged to consult with their HUB liaison.

Office of the Dean of Students

412.268.2075 Warner Hall 321

Student Affairs offers short-term emergency student loans.

Immigration issues:

Office of International Education Posner Hall, 3rd Floor (note: OIE will be moving spring 2020)

Students who report immigration concerns or issues that impact their immigration status should consult with their assigned OIE advisor.

Accommodations for a student with a disability:

Office of Disability Resources

 412.268.6121 5136 Margaret Morrison Street

The Office of Disability Resources strives to provide responsive, reasonable accommodations to help our students accomplish their best work. This office is responsible for providing resources and accommodations for students as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Academic integrity issues:

Office of Community Standards and Integrity (OCSI)

412.268.2140 1060 Morewood Avenue, Student Life Suite

Reports of violations of the university’s academic integrity policy should be made to OCSI. Staff are also available to consult regarding the university’s policies and procedures.

Missing Student

Any community member may contact University Police (412.268.2323) or the Office of the Dean of Students (412.268.2075) to report that a student may be missing. If a report does not originate through University Police, the information will be immediately conveyed to University Police to begin an investigation. Even if you aren’t sure whether the student is missing, please contact Student Affairs if a student stops coming to class, reporting to work or otherwise stops communicating.