METALS Course Textbooks Freely Downloadable from Carnegie Mellon Library
You can access the Carnegie Mellon library (https://www.library.cmu.edu/) to see if books for your courses are freely available online. You will need to have an andrew id to download the books.
Books that are available online as of this writing include:
- e-Learning and the Science of Instruction: Proven Guidelines for Consumers and Designers of Multimedia Learning used in E-Learning Design Principles.
- How Learning Works used in EBED
- Understanding by Design used in EBED
- Making the Most of Understanding by Design used in EBED
- What the best college teachers do used in EBED
Other textbooks available (not currently used in courses, but very good resources):
- Books by Robert Marzano which includes:
- The new art and science of teaching
- The handbook for the New art and science of teaching
- plus 38 others available at this writing