You can access the Carnegie Mellon library (https://www.library.cmu.edu/) to see if books for your courses are freely available online. You will need to have an andrew id to download the books.
Books that are available online as of this writing include:
- e-Learning and the Science of Instruction: Proven Guidelines for Consumers and Designers of Multimedia Learning used in Ken Koedinger’s e-Learning principles course.
- How Learning Works used in EGIA
- Understanding by Design used in EGIA
- Making the Most of Understanding by Design used in EGIA
- What the best college teachers do used in EGIA
Other textbooks available (not currently used in courses, but very good resources):
- Books by Robert Marzano which includes:
- The new art and science of teaching
- The handbook for the New art and science of teaching
- plus 38 others available at this writing